CIRCULATED SILVER & GOLD COINS IN THE NORTHERN MALAY STATES (1600 UNTIL 1957)

Welcome to Aleph Coin Blog (Circulated Silver & Gold Coins in The Northern Malay States - Kedah, Perlis & Penang - Circa 1600 until 1957). This blog will preview my current collection or new information of coins that will later be added into my on-going project (that I am doing independently, due to my interest in History and Numismatic). I might be adding information of other coin and banknote that I came across. I am looking forward and much appreciated if someone can come to give information, sharing knowledge, sample of coins into making this project a reality. I also receive support from Dr Ibrahim Baker (a medical doctor, who has so much interest in Malay coins) and Dr Mahani Musa (expert in Penang's history, USM lecturer). Should you have information to relay, don't hesitate to contact me at msah83@gmail.com - Together, we work to preserving our history...

Tuesday 10 July 2007

India One Rupee - King William III - 1835



KM#450
Exergue: 1835
Minted at Bombay
Silver content: 0.9175
Diameter: 31 mm
Weight: 11.66 g
This coin was introduced in Straits Settlement, but did not received well support from merchant.
I shall update information based on Pridmore.
Acquired on 9th July - RM80


Update 2012/July/14

I have moved the information about this coin to my new site with plenty more updates, history about minting law and more can be read at http://www.exonumi.com/?page=publish&id=1.126.CN.1bd0f

No comments: