CIRCULATED SILVER & GOLD COINS IN THE NORTHERN MALAY STATES (1600 UNTIL 1957)

Welcome to Aleph Coin Blog (Circulated Silver & Gold Coins in The Northern Malay States - Kedah, Perlis & Penang - Circa 1600 until 1957). This blog will preview my current collection or new information of coins that will later be added into my on-going project (that I am doing independently, due to my interest in History and Numismatic). I might be adding information of other coin and banknote that I came across. I am looking forward and much appreciated if someone can come to give information, sharing knowledge, sample of coins into making this project a reality. I also receive support from Dr Ibrahim Baker (a medical doctor, who has so much interest in Malay coins) and Dr Mahani Musa (expert in Penang's history, USM lecturer). Should you have information to relay, don't hesitate to contact me at msah83@gmail.com - Together, we work to preserving our history...

Sunday 5 August 2012

Forgery RM100

Front
Reverse

This is a fprgery RM100 Malaysia bank note. I just acquired this from a friend who run a business. His cashier was bump by a motorcyclist who want to fuel his motor by using this note for only RM5.

Intestesting note about this note is that,
1. The front silver strip was taken from original RM1o note, but extended another 4mm with blank silver sticker.
2. Two zeroes re-embossed using marker.
3. On the reverse, 6 lines seem to be glued, but closer looks reveals non-straight line.
4. The printing appears to be fade, probably printed using jet-ink printer, poor quality type of paper.
5. The shade of Agong to be printed as watermark, therefore it appears all the time.


New observation and new article about this forgery banknote has been posted here, kindly check:
http://www.exonumi.com/?page=publish&id=1.42.BN.3f6a4

Acquired for the price of RM50. Expensive huh? If someone need higher resolution picture, please contact me.

No comments: